Saturday, May 5, 2018

My Way is Segway

I did it!  I have wanted to try out a segway for a long time, so when the opportunity came up in

Cartegena, I took it.  It really is not that difficult, and it is FUN.  I was not able to take too many pictures, but I did manage this one.





















This picture, taken at an overlook above the city, show how I really felt about the experience.  It is one of my favorite pictures.

After we had practice and ridden around on level ground for a while, we stopped to see the first electric submarine, built in Spain in the 1880's.
A year later an identical one appeared in France.  Can you say "industrial espionage?"

In the morning I was able to walk around the city for a while to admire the architecture and the ruins of a Roman amphitheater.

City Hall, built in 1907











The railroad station



















I also saw the world's largest sailing ship.  Notice the size of the boat in the foreground.









Darrell took a tour to Murcia, a neighboring town.  I am including some of his pictures, but I cannot tell you anything about them.  I just think they look nice.





To the right - another Old Beautiful Cathedral; of course almost of them are old and beautiful (DZ)






They do love their flowers in Spain as well as in Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
(DZ)












Just ABC!
Another Beautiful Cathedral
(DZ)









No comments:

Post a Comment