Tuesday, January 15, 2019

No Recife

We will not be going to Recife, Brazil.  For the last few days we have been moving slower than usual, so we must make up for going slower by skipping our next port, Recife, Brazil.  It seems that there is a problem in the propulsion system which has now been isolated to a generator.  This does not effect the safety or comfort of the passengers, just the speed of the ship.  In a few days we will be at our next port in Brazil, Salvador de Bahia.  There we will meet technicians from Germany who specialize in repairing the generators.  They have also sent the needed parts by air freight, so by the time we leave port there, everything should be "ship-shape."

Meanwhile, life on board continues at it's usual busy pace.  This morning was a Christian book study.  We outgrew the first room they gave us, so now we meet in part of The Restaurant.  Then there was a port talk about our next destination, Salvador de Bahia.  When that was done, I knitted for a while on a new knitted scarf, then went back to the room to meet Darrell to go to lunch.  He was not ready, so I put a few stitches in my latest cross stitch.  After lunch I spent some time with the jigsaw puzzle.  When I got back to the room we watched one of the enrichment talks we had missed on the history of the Amazon.  I am making arrangements to go shopping in Salvador for more yarn for baby hats.  I am all out, since I gave yarn to several people who are also knitting.  I took a short nap, then read some before dinner which was "A Taste of South America" featuring grilled octopus, scallop on a shell, marinated mussels, chimichangas, surf and turf (steak and shrimp,) and several more dishes I did not try.  Dessert was a Pink Pavlova.  We ate in the World Cafe and talked and talked with a couple from Denver.  By then it was time to go back to the room and check my e-mail.

Oh yes, I forgot that I went to Tai Chi breakfast.  Well, that raps up a typical "sea day."  They assure us we will be on time (or almost) for the next port.

No comments:

Post a Comment